Monday, July 16, 2007

3:56pm Downtown, San Francisco

Walking the streets of a strange city, I understand that I am alien.   I am homeless in my own country, and between addresses in this new state.  I spent last night with a famous border crosser.  My borders have all been breached.  I've kept telling you about this new place that I've been looking for, this space for something new to grow.  I think I've found it.  It's ground zero.  I am handed the simplest of forms, with the most basic of questions, and I don't have the answer.  I'm in the middle of a fog, with sunlight beating down.  Distinctions that used to be safe are melting on a blurred skyline and a hot tarmac.  I talk to strangers.  Most of them are homeless too.  If I close my eyes for just 3 minutes 37 seconds I think I might melt too.  There is no point in keeping your eyes open in a fog, you just have to feel your way through...

r.x

No comments: